History of Cache La Poudre Middle School
Cache La Poudre
has gone through many changes, large and small.
The school started in 1912 and has continued as a school
up to the present day. 1999 was the 50th anniversary
of the junior high. 2013 was the centennial anniversary of CLP Schools. Even though there have been
many changes, we still have the same traditions and
1912 - The first school in Laporte was started
in in someone's home.
1913 - In 1913 a three story brick building
was built where the Cache La Poudre Elementary stands now.
It held kindergarten through 12th grade.
1949 - The present
day Cache La Poudre Middle School was built and was called "Cache La Poudre High School", while the
original building held kindergarten through 9th grade.
1964 - Poudre High School was built and Cache La Poudre High School became "Cache La Poudre Junior High School".
1974 - The original brick building was knocked down and the new
"Cache La Poudre Elementary" was built.
1984 - Building addition. The addition
was built in the 1980's and was done in two parts.
The lunch room was the first addition. It was
added because the junior high students had to go to
the elementary for lunch. The second addition
was the media center and the west classrooms.
Before the addition, the media center was the large room next to the counseling office.
The additions were made because of the rapid growth
of Cache La Poudre Junior High School.
2009 - Cache La Poudre Junior High School (grades 7-9) becomes "Cache La Poudre Middle School" (grades 6-8).
2013 - Cache La Poudre Schools celebrate "A Century of Community".
Photos of the original Cache La Poudre School
The wagons out front were the original school busses and the "slide" from the third floor was the fire escape! Click for larger image.